Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Quilt finished for MOM!




Mom's birthday is March 25th, she will be 80 this year!! She made this lovely quilt and I just got it finished last night!!! You may remember the shot of it unquilted, it had a TON of extra fullness. For this reason, I decided to do the basic meander to 'gobble' up as much of the fullness as I could. I think it worked out pretty well! I filled in the scalloped areas with my free motion feathers, this was done 'without' any markings. It is easy to follow the scallops and run with it.


  I used a poly batting this time, I personally do not use poly, but mom loves it and I think it was the right choice for this quilt.

Once I get a chance to 'tame' it, I will attach the binding, it will be the same blue as the outer border. More photos to come once the binding is completed!


I think she will LOVE it!

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

IT's beautiful, Chris; she will treasure it. My Mom will be 80 in June of this year.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations!!! I LOVE how you finished the outer border (MUCH better than the earlier plan)

SUPER job!